Is rehabilitation after surgery а must?
Any surgical intervention is still a test for the human body. Post surgical rehabilitation
may be required even when the patient has undergone surgery with minimal intervention in the body. To restore a person’s strength and correct a certain amount of postoperative consequences, doctors strongly recommend using physical therapy. The postoperative period includes:
- Orthopedic effects such as pain, reduced strength, limited movement, problems with coordination or posture.
- Neurology is a general weakness, convulsions, poor mobility, rapid and shortness of breath.
- After abdominal surgery, the patient may experience urinary incontinence, impaired movement, digestion and metabolic problems.
In special severe cases after surgery, there is a chance of developing infections, thrombosis, unstable lung functionality, tendon rupture.
How long would medicare cover a patient after surgery in a rehabilitation facility?
First of all, you need to start the path to recovery in time. The best option is the day after surgery. With the right approach, the body will return to normal faster, it is possible to effectively manage pain, strengthen stagnant muscles. For this, a set of rules and loads has been selected that help to return to the level after surgery with minimal risks of complications and suture divergence. It is also important that the patient himself is interested in a quick post surgical rehabilitation and adheres to the doctor’s instructions even before the operation.
In the course of the postoperative period, physiological and psychological characteristics are taken into account. This is done in order to direct the patient to recovery as soon as possible and not create additional problems for the weakened body. First, a specialist examines the patient, assesses his health, and uses a complex of treatment, made up of different types of rehabilitation after surgery.
What are the methods of rehabilitation after surgery?
The methods of rehabilitation differ and it is important to find the right specialist, who will care about you and your health. Post surgery rehabilitation centers are proud of their specialists, who offer the next:
- Medication correlates with pharmacological treatment. This includes medicines that are matched to the type of surgery, vitamins A, B, C, and pain pills.
- The diet is suitable for those who have undergone digestive surgery and have metabolic problems. In the future, the patient can easily follow the directions by creating a healthy eating habit.
- Physical education and massage are one of the key types of post surgical rehabilitation for people who have experienced a stroke and for people who need to restore the functions of their hands or feet. This includes physiotherapy exercises.
- Psychotherapy is a method that helps to tune in a positive mood and confidence in treatment for those who have a high chance of death or a sensitive psyche.
- Physiotherapy uses special medical equipment that acts through physical influence. It can be electrostimulation, laser therapy. The complex of treatment takes place only under the supervision of a doctor.
Rehabilitation after surgery depends on the severity of the disease, differs due to the type of pathology, and can combine several methods. Full recovery directly depends on how well the rehabilitation after surgery is selected and how seriously the patient takes it.