Cluster headaches are known to be the most agonizing types of head pains. The illness develops in cyclical models and disturbs the patient during sleep with a strong pain in the eye in some part of the head. Long-drawn-out spasms, namely cluster phases, continue from several weeks to some months.
Usually there may be a long remission period when the head pain stops for a few months or annums. However, the attacks may erupt at any moment due to emotional moments or stress consequences. Luckily, cluster migraines are infrequent and not dangerous for life. Thanks to modern medicine progress there is an opportunity to facilitate the headaches and make them far shorter. Besides, the number of attacks may be minimized.
Cluster headache symptoms
Generally, cluster headaches develop spontaneously, still firstly you might experience common head pains, including other resembling features:
- torturous ache which is often located in some part of the eye, but can emanate from other parts of the head, face or neck;
- extreme nervousness;
- reddening of the sore eye;
- cold in the head;
- heavy facial sweating;
- lopsided ache;
- eye swelling;
- walking, sitting or pitching to and fro;
- light or sound sensitivity.
Cluster headache causes
A lot of people are curious about what is the main cause of cluster headaches. Actually, there isn’t an exact reason for this sickness. However, according to the specialists, hypothalamus anomalies may influence a human's organism and end up with cluster pattern headaches. Contrary to alike conditions such as migraines, cluster headaches are not followed by spontaneous impulses, like hormonal disbalance, stress and food passion. When first cluster headache symptoms appear, alcohol can definitely aggravate the situation. Hence, strong drinks are prohibited to people suffering from this illness. Also, this disorder might be provoked by taking improper medicines like nitroglycerin or others, used in heart curing.
- Gender. Male are believed to develop cluster migraines twice as often as female.
- Tobacco use. Smokers have more chances to experience regular cluster attacks, although giving up a bad habit may not always be a solution.
- Alcohol. Abusing strong drinks increases the probability of getting such headache types.
- Age. Mostly, the disease occurs between 20 to 50 years, however, people of some other age groups may notice such changes.
- Heredity. If your family members have ever experienced cluster headaches, you might be in danger.
Cluster headaches treatment
If you are experiencing cluster attacks or alike disorders you should immediately visit a specialist. The doctor will define cluster headache causes and prescribe the most effective medication. You shouldn’t turn a blind eye to regular painful headaches, because they may indicate the first sign of various serious disorders, including aneurysm, brain tumor, possible strokes and other conditions. Moreover, if you have faced constant head pains before, visit a professional if their character has suddenly changed.
There are different ways how to treat cluster headaches. With the help of a scheduled physical therapy course this illness can be defeated. Due to the therapists, a stable exercise program can help you get rid of excruciating and annoying head spasms. By selecting an individual plan for each patient, there is an opportunity to fully examine the reasons for the condition's development and ways of its handling. Cluster headaches treatment will contribute to stress alleviation, head attacks decrease and general body state improvement.